Friday, May 8, 2009

The Ten Commandments of Bowieism


I. I, will be King, and you, you will be Queen
II. Thou shalt put on thy red shoes and dance the blues
III. Thou Shalt turn and face the strange ch-ch-changes
IV. Thou Shalt take thy protein pills and put thy helmet on
V. Thou Shalt get me to the church on time
VI. Thou Shalt not lean on me, man, 'cause you can't afford the ticket
VII. Thou Shalt not let me hear you say life's taking you nowhere, angel
VIII. Thou Shalt let the children lose it
IX. Thou Shalt let the children use it
X. Thou Shalt let all the children boogie

Ziggy Stardust is our sexually promiscuous, sexually ambiguous prophet. He is our leper messiah - the all-seeing, all-knowing human embodiment of an alien lifeform, here to bring us a message of peace. love and rock n' roll in the last five years of our existence on this planet.

So begins the Ziggah, the Bowieist bible:

In the beginning, Ziggy played guitar...

No comments:

Post a Comment