Friday, July 17, 2009

Getaway Days...

Next month I'm taking a week and getting the hell outta here: Away from home, away from work, away from the Valley heat, away from 405/Santa Monica Blvd. traffic.. just AWAY. But where? I've narrowed it down to a few places, some of which I'd need a person (or people) to tag along and others of which I wouldn't mind going it alone.

*Sidenote: I don't mind going places alone at all, in fact, it's something in which I usually take great pleasure. When I was 19 I spent 2 days in New York by myself and LOVED IT. Last week I spent the day at the beach in Santa Monica with no one else's company but my own and it was one of the most relaxing days I've had in recent memory... And going to movies alone? Yeah, I sometimes do that too. Not that I'm not a social person; I like to hang out with friends, meet new people and party just as much as anyone, but alone time is just something I Must have. With a capital 'M'. It keeps me sane. So would I mind spending my vacation going on an "Into the Wild"-esque (sort of) adventure all by my lonesome? Not at all... OK what was I talking about? Oh yeah, where am I going on my vaca!? Well here are my thoughts:

BY MYSELF
*New York (a re-enactment of Spring, 2004 would be pricey, but amazing)
*The Bay Area (a road trip would be sweet and would allow me to see my bro in Santa Cruz)

WITH PEEPS
*Las Vegas (going here alone would just be sad; would need to round up the boys)
*Baja (I have this vision of myself in a Corona commercial, but would need someone to lay next to me)

We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment